"Yes, I've had a chance to use it, it's wonderful I love it. It's such a great idea."
— Ben Brain, editor of Digital Camera magazine, UK
"Your product has a great potential in the gear-VR ecosystem"
— Mr. Nagar, Sr. research engineer, Samsung Electronics
"We have done quite a bit of testing using the Deeper adapter, and my team and I love it. It’s very easy to use and lightweight!"
— Photographer at Disneyland
Making your own 3D images and videos is easy. New devices to watch 3D are popping up, but something is missing: your own personal 3D imagery; your friends and family in three dimensions. Since 2013 Kúla has made solutions for 3D photography with regular camera because we believe everyone should capture their precious moments in 3D. We make 3D lenses for DSLR cameras and smartphones accompanied by the image processing software Kúlacode.
3D LENS FOR DSLR CAMERA
The Kúla Deeper stereo lens is attached to a camera lens thread for high quality stereoscopic 3D photography.
- Use existing lens features like VR, autofocus and metering.
- View images in 3D on the camera display using the included stereo viewer
- Generate any 3D format using the accompanying image processing software Kúlacode
- Compatible with Nikon, Canon, Sony, Sigma and the rest of the gang.
3D LENS FOR SMARTPHONES
Kúla Bebe 3D lens is attached to any smartphone with a simple clip. It comes with a paper stereoviewer for smartphones, the CinemaBox for viewing the 3D content right away. To make sure you have the fun you deserve, Kúla Bebe also comes with old school red/cyan anaglyph glasses. Kúla Bebe is in production and the limited first batch will be shipped in december 2017. If you'd like to get notified when we open up for sales, plese sign up for our newsletter!
A FEW FACTS ABOUT KÚLA DEEPER AND KÚLA BEBE
- 100% SYNCHRONOUS. The left and the right pictures are captured precisely at the same moment in one shot. Or video.
- HIGH QUALITY PICTURES AND VIDEOS. The mirrors are high precision mirrors with a reflection coefficient of R>95% at wavelengths around 400-650mm, resulting in super sharp imagery. With a decent lens you get decent 3D imagery.
- VIBRATION REDUCTION, AUTOFOCUS AND METERING works as normally when using Kúla's 3D lenses.
- STEREOBASE. The stereobase of Kúla Deeper, which is hyperstereoscopic, is around 10,5cm, conserving depth in quite distant objects and landscape. The stereobase for Kúla Bebe is around 4cm which is very convenient for close up portraits.
- SWITCH BETWEEN 2D & 3D PHOTOGRAPHY IN A FLASH. Deeper and Bebe are easily attached to the lenses so you can switch to 3D photography in a second.
Shooting in 3D can be a restrictive process, requiring a twin-camera set-up or special lenses with fixed focal lengths and a limited range of f-stops. But the main limitation is how you share your 3D photos and videos. The Kickstarter-funded Kúla Deeper 3D lens largely solves these problems and as a result makes for an easy way to embark on a 3D photography project.
[Ben Brain, Editor, Digital Camera magazine]
Just got my Kula Deeper from B&H and it is absolutely awsome! Where can I purchase more of the viewers for my family to use to see my side-by-side stereo views [...] Again, much thanks for the best 3D system!
[Tony, a pleased customer]
Imagine watching your baby’s first steps in a format that you can almost reach out and touch — it might seem vaguely cool now, but what about in twenty years when your kids have flown the coop? ... Charmingly, there’s also an Anaglyph mode which lets you watch the movies with a pair of retro red-and-blue 3D glasses. Bless.